- PPatrick Lagadec : "A new cosmology of risks and crises: time for a radical shift in paradigm and practice" in Timothy Legrand and Allan McConnell (Eds), Emergency Policy, The Library of Essays on Emergency Ethics, Law and Policy, Volume III, Ashgate, December 2012.
- Patrick Lagadec : "The Unknown Territory of Mega-Crisis: In Search of Conceptual and Strategic Breakthroughs" (p. 12-24), in Ira Helsloot,
Arjen Boin, Brian Jacobs and Louise K. Comfort, Ed.: Mega-Crises: Understanding the Prospects, Nature, Characteristics and Effects
of Cataclysmic Events, Charles Thomas Publisher, Springfield, 2012.
- Patrick Lagadec: "21st Century crises, 20th Century mindsets:
Challenges for Leadership", in Resilience and Crisis Planning in Mega-Cities: Issues, Opportunities & Uncertainties
Edited by P. H. Barnes & A. Nakamura, (Forthcoming, 2009), Edward
- Patrick Lagadec: "The Megacrisis Unknown Territory: In Search of Conceptual and Strategic Breakthroughs", in Uriel Rosenthal, Brian Jacobs, Louise K. Comfort, Ira Helsloot: Megacrises, CC Thomas, Springfield Ill., USA, forthcoming.
- Patrick Lagadec: "Crisis Management in the Twenty-First Century – "Unthinkable" Events in "Unthinkable" Contexts", in Havidan Rodriguez, Enrico L. Quarantelli, and Russel R. Dynes: Handbook of Disaster Research, Springer, September 2006. (Chapter 30, pp. 489-507). [http://www.springer.com/france/home/social+sciences/sociology?SGWID=7-40440-22-139763261-detailsPage=ppmmedia%7CaboutThisBook]
- Enrico L. Quarantelli, Patrick Lagadec, Arjen Boin: "A Heuristic Approach to Future Disasters and Crises: New, Old and In-Between Types", in R. Dynes, H. Quarantelli, H. Rodriguez, Handbook of Disaster Research, Springer, September 2006. (Chapter 2, pp. 16-41) [http://www.springer.com/france/home/social+sciences/sociology?SGWID=7-40440-22-139763261-detailsPage=ppmmedia%7CaboutThisBook]
- Patrick Lagadec and Erwann Michel-Kerjan: "The Paris Initiative: Anthrax and Beyond – Transnational Collaboration Among Interdependent Critical Networks", in Philip Auerswald, Lewis M. Brancomb, Todd M. LaPorte and Erwann Michel-Kerjan (eds): Seeds of Disaster, Roots of Response. How Private Action Can Reduce Public Vulnerability, Cambridge University Press, september 2006. (Chapter 25, pp. 457-480).
- "Once the Risk Has Crossed the Rubicon", Preface,
Erwann Michel-Kerjan : "Financial Protection of Critical
Infrastructure: Uncertainty, Insurability and Terrorism Risk", Les
Cahiers de l'Institut Veolia Environnement, n°3, May 2005.
- "Risk, terrorism et and society: new issues",
in SOS TERRORISM : "Terrorism, Victims and International Criminal
Responsability", SOS ATTENTATS, Hôtel National des Invalides,
75700 Paris SP, 2003, p. 15-23
- Yehezel Dror, Patrick Lagadec, Boris Porfiriev, Enrico Quarantelli: "Crises to Come: Comments and Findings", in: Uriel Rosenthal, Arjen Boin, Louise K. Comfort : Managing Crises : Threats, Dilemmas, Opportunities, Charles Thomas Publisher, Springfield, Illinois, USA, pp. 342-349, 2001. (Chapter 21, pp. 342-349).
- "Preparing decision-making systems to cope with the
vulnerabilities of the 21st century : The year 2000 computer problem
- A major learning opportunity", in : Alain Wouters, Philippe
Vandenbroecd and Douglass Carmichael (Eds): The Millennium Bug :
The Year 2000 Computer Problem, Acco, Leuven, octobre 1998, pp.
- "From Seveso to Mexico and Bhopal: Learning to cope
with crises", in : Insuring and Managing Hazardous Risks
: From Seveso to Bhopal and Beyond, Springer Verlag, P. Kleindorfer
and H. Kunreuther Editors, 1987, pp. 14-46.
- "Societal Challenges in Risk Assessment",
in Society, Technology and Risk Assessment. Wölfersheim (Germany),
June 5-8, 1979. Edited by J. Conrad, Academic Press, 1980, pp. 277-279.